Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Willing To Die

My son Luke wrote this. I thought it profitable for all of us to read.
************************************************************************

I was watching the News tonight with my dad and sister and something on it caught our attention.
It was reporting on the rise of Muslim Violence in the country of Somalia. As the report went on, a video clip came up with several masked men (one with a knife) surrounding a man on his knees. The reporter's voice came on and said, "This video shows Muslims shortly before they executed the man on his knees by cutting off his head because he had recently converted to Christianity." This made me stop and look at this man who was my brother and who had recently been killed for being a Christian.

This started me looking on the internet for statistics on Christians who have been martyred. I found out that between mid 2007 and mid 2008, it was estimated that 175,000 Christians were killed for their faith! That means that in the course of one year, one Christian was killed every 3 minutes because they would not deny Jesus!

These people, this man I saw on the News, these Christians who die for their faith are my heroes. They are Brothers and Sisters that I can't wait to meet in heaven. The world isn't worthy of them. I look at them and love the fact that they died for Him Who died for them. It makes me want to be there with them, enduring these things with them for our great King. I love them for loving Jesus enough to die for Him.

I also want to love Jesus enough to die for Him. I also want YOU to love Him that much. Not only do I want you to love Him that much, I want you TO WANT to love Him that much. If we had this kind of love for Christ we would have joy unspeakable. Please pray for this desire. Pray that you would love Christ enough to die for Him. He died for you!

And also remember to pray for our Brothers and Sisters in Christ, that they would continue to stand firm in their faith. God's Word tells us to remember them like we were right there with them (Hebrews 13). Pray for them. They need our prayers.

2 comments:

Sara-Grace said...

A good reminder and challenge...thanks!

Tama said...

Good thoughts Luke! I can only think we are heading for the same here in "The Land of the Free" and the sifted of wheat will come soon! Can I post this on my blog?


Pursuing the Glory of Christ as though He were the most important pursuit in all the world--Because He Is!

" Looking for the Blessed Hope and the appearing of The Glory of our Great God and Savior, Christ Jesus." Titus 2:13